oOo...
blogness...

Friday, January 21, 2005

In the begining...

I started this blog for myself. A place where I can keep track of all my projects. If people like reading it, rock on! I am sure the layout will change all the time. So far I have changed it twice and it is only a week old!

I have always been crafty. I like glue, paint, magazine clippings and photography. I can't draw to save my life! I have sewing since I can remember. When I was like 5 years old I was using my mom's sewing machine, making doll dresses. I zipped over my fingers. I came running to my mother upset that I was bleeding on the pretty dress I was making. I had sewed both thumbs and index fingers together. It was awhile before I was allowed anywhere near the machine again. Not that it mattered, it hated me. When I was in the 6th grade I started taking sewing lessons at a fabric store. The first year we learned how to do all sorts of things. The the last to years the teacher was to busy to really teach us anything so they just let us use what ever fabric we wanted and the machines. I miss that...

I started knitting last summer. I started because of a little book called stitch 'n bitch. I had wanted to learn how to knit, but not old lady knitting... I taught myself and took it slow in the begining. It was awhile before it was fun or easy. Now I am hooked. I don't make large progects, but little things to keep my attention. I have been working on making my own patterns and having lots of fun!

So I hope you enjoy my little crafty spot in cyberspace!

0 stiches


Name: Sarah
Location: Portland; Oregon
Loves: fish. knitting. kitties. b&w photography. nail polish. calenders. lists. stars. my puppy. letters. butterfly wings. plants. my boy.
Hates: itchy socks. hangnails. dust. dishes in the sink.
about the blog...
in the basket
03.03.2005

bruder's scarf 40%
baby hat 2 50%
mom's scarf30%
finger puppets 60% scarves
black fuzzy snake purple rainbow daddy's
purple tie

other
baby hat puppets
lighter cozies
multi pink purse

nonkitting
painted lighters

sewing
  • the perfect purse/ wallet

    Simplicity patterns
    Clothes for me

  • bath stuff 4747

    Pets

  • dog crate cover 4713
  • cat beds 5233
  • more cat beds 9904

    Bags

  • knitting bags 4542
  • pouch 5184
  • messenger bag 9000

    Oraganizers

  • 1 4529
  • Desk 5133

    Home Decore

  • headboards 4527
  • knitting
  • womb
  • animal lighter cozies
  • Newest Addition...

    Wanting...
    newest...

    recent posts...

    farther back...
    January 2005

    February 2005

    March 2005

    April 2005

    May 2005

    January 2006
    craft
    glitter

    knitting blogs
    xtreme-knitting

    my blog
    he loves me more then a thousand grapefruits...

    people I love
    mom's blog
    dad's blog

    kitting bloggers
    << | >>

    << | join | >>
    knitty kitty...
    <<| join | >>
    ~ Pacific Northwest Fiber Bloggers ~
    << | join | >>


    link me!
    link me...
    Subscribe with Bloglines
    last upgrade... 01.08.2007 @ 10:27 PM
    bada_girl © 2005-2007
    web counter